WCID’s Safety and Security portfolio strongly focuses on Public Safety and Security for all residents of Welgemoed. Residents can expect:
- An additional operator per shift, in the existing control room infrastructure, proactively overseeing the LPR (Licence Plate Recognition) and OV (Overview) camera network.
- 2 new rugged Public Safety vehicles manned by Public Safety Officers. These vehicles will be operational 24/7 and responsive to a
dedicated phone line.
- Camera network upgrades in the next 5 years which include additional camera locations as well as human detection software at
- Management of pedestrian access routes.
- Cross functional relationships with: SAPS/LE/BCPF/WNW
The Safety and Security portfolio will focus on the following external initiatives:
- Bin scratchers and vagrants in and around Welgemoed: Supporting PSO’s in operational requirements.
- Establish partnerships with other CID’s and private security as well as bolster our relationship with SAPS, Law Enforcement and the relevant CoCT divisions for Safety
- Crime reduction initiatives where Welgemoed as a community will be able to stand together.
- Safe house initiatives for our children and community
SHORT TERM DELIVERABLES (UP TO 2020/2021)
- All partners have been agreed and signed off.
- PSO’s and Public Safety initiatives launched.
- Collaboration with our Ward Councilor on CoCT budget allocations and initiatives together with delivery of same.
- New camera installations at additional points together with upgrades to BoB technologies.