The Welgemoed Community Improvement Drive (WCID) is an initiative aimed at advancing the suburb Welgemoed, with the goal of providing supplementary services to the local authorities and working closely with them with a special focus on safety and security in public open space, the social upliftment initiatives and top-up cleaning and greening operations.
Reporting to and working closely with the Welgemoed CID Board, the Operational Manager is responsible for the effective management of the WCID-area, and the implementation of the WCID-business plan, to achieve operational, strategic, and financial outcomes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Full governance role for the NPC on behalf of the Board
- Supplier management
- CCTV Surveillance infrastructure & operations management
- Fulfilling a basic financial function
- Cost control management
- Statutory regulations
- Reporting (financial and operations) at predetermined intervals
- Public relations
- Maintenance of an asset register, a member register and a property owner database
- Relationship management with key stakeholders
- Timeous response to property owner complaints or enquiries
- Coordinating the rosters of Board-members
- Maintaining an e-filing system.
- Contract negotiations
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to work with diverse and multiple stakeholders
- Articulate (both spoken language and in writing)
- Business acumen to lead the WCID operations
- Excellent networker and influencer
- Ability to drive projects to full execution
- Ability to generate ideas and solutions flexibly to meet changing business demands
EDUCATION AND EXPERTISE
- A relevant formal tertiary qualification.
- Experience working in a CID environment and project management experience (advantageous)
- MS-Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
If your background matches the requirements and you would like to apply or receive more information, please:
- Click on the “Apply” button or
- Apply online at www.casupport.co.za/vacancies or
- Forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.